Subject: [Leica] I like small lenses
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 20:26:01 +0800

I bought my previous version 35mm Summicron two weeks ago and it is now
my most used lens because it is so small I take it everywhere.  Chrome
lens, black hood, black M4-2, hand grip, in my brief case and goes where
ever I go.  I am sure the ASPH Summicron is sharper but I am sure the
smaller one is good enough for my purposes.  The compactness and
unobstrusiveness of Leicas is the main reason I use Leicas in the first
place.

Here is my dream lens: a recomputed 35/3.5 Elmar or better yet something
like the Schneider 35/2.8 Xenogon but with modern glass in M mount.
This lens should protrude less than an inch out of the M body and
perhaps another .75 inch with the metal screw on hood.  That would be
nice!