Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: continuously variable M shutter?
From: Robinsnes@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:34:50 EST

I own M3, 4, and 5 models. No M6. The M5 has intermediate speeds and so does
the M-4. The M3 does not. It is really more accurate to use the aperture
settings than the intermediate speeds as you have more control. I know for
sure that the M3 needs to be set exactly on the speed according the manual. If
not, I would imagine there is no harm done, but if the instructions say no, it
is probably for some reason.
Roger