Subject: Re: [Leica] Help evaluating a 135/2.8
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:49:40 -0500

At 01:16 PM 1999-03-15 -0800, George Hartzell wrote:
>  2) Not that I want to put a filter on the front of it, but I noticed
>     that either it's not threaded, or it has something screwed in.
>     There's what looks like a glass-less filter as the last thing on
>     the lens, it says VII on one side and 14161 Canada on the other
>     side.

This is the retaining ring for a Series VII filter.  Leica made them and
may still stock some.  Heliopan, B+W, and Harrison & Harrison all market
them.  And they are common used:  Kodak ones normally can be had for a
dollar or three each.

Many other Leica lenses used Series filters, including a number of the R
lenses and the 1.4/35 Summilux-M.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!