Subject: Re: [Leica] lens quality and beauty
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 07:33:55 -0600

At 10:48 AM 3/14/99 +0100, you wrote:
> As I said some lenses do
>show vast improvements, visible to anyone in all kinds of day to day
>shooting. The old 1,4/35 versus the asph version is a case.

I can confirm that. Even significantly better than the 35 Summicron M non
ASPH two generations back - wide open. It's right there to see.

And a lens in the R line that does that is...

you guessed it. The 70-180 Vario Apo Elmarit R. It is so good, you'd have
to be blind to not see it's head and shoulders above the competition and
previous generation Leica (Minolta) zooms.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

C:\BELFRY is where I keep my .BAT files.