Subject: [Leica] Re: Should len's infinity marking really be infinity?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 00:12:11 -0800

Many telephotos focus beyond infinity. This is normal. My 350 Telyt focuses
WAY beyond infinity. This allows you to actually focus on far away objects
without hitting the stop, making it difficult to "home" in on proper focus.
Some lenses, with special glass, focus beyond infinity to take care of
temperature differential. Infinity will be different, depending upon the
temperature of the lens. Direct hot sun vs freezing blizzard, etc.

Jim