Subject: [Leica] Re: Should len's infinity marking really be infinity?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 21:26:50 -0800

You have to be careful about distances. To test your RF for infinity focus,
you should pick a large object, at least a mile away. Such as a radio tower
on a distant hill, or far away water tower. Skyscraper in a distant city.
Infinity, of course, is non existent. But your RF should put your lenses,
on the infinity stop, with very distant objects. A few hundred feet away is
not enough. Test at three thousand feet (1000 meters) or farther.

So how far away was your test subject?

Jim