Subject: Re: [Leica] Flash on M6
From: Rmusacchio@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 12:52:32 EST

Mike

You should be able to use the SB-26 for non-TTL by setting the selector switch
on the back of the flash for "A" (automatic) operation and then using the up
and down arrow keys to select the shooting aperture. Set your lens to the
setting and fire away. I don't know of any possible electrical interference
problems between the camera and flash, though.

I've had great success using a Vivitar 2600 flash with my Leica gear.  It is
smaller than the 283 and about a stop less powerful, but I use it for a fill
light or an emergency light.  It's easy to carry, dependable, and effective
combination with either a slave on the 283 or as a trip light when shooting
with bigger strobes.

Rick Musacchio