Subject: Re: [Leica] Binocular Experts?
From: Lucian Chis <chis@ece.orst.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 14:05:48 -0800 (PST)

I think you might be misreading HENSOLDT. The inventor of roof prism
binoculars, also made porros during the war. Owned by Zeiss nowadays
(they always had a stake in Hensoldt, it seems).
Makes 99.9% of Zeiss binoculars I think the 20X60 stabilized si still
Zeiss, but that's it!
Shouldn't be bad, if you check collimation and intact prisms. Coated
lenses would be nice. Roofs would be more valuable than porros although
the porro design is more efficient with the light it manages to gather;

What do they want for these?

lucian

No archive!!