Subject: Re: [Leica] Threads
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 14:39:59 -0800

The next full moon is a month away and we are already in a REM (Rapid
Eye Movement) State.
Here are some potential threads some people might want to grab and make
a nice little nest out of:

1. The Old Days: Anyone out there from the old screw mount days who
remember the resistance to the M's when they came out? I am very
interested. Who regrets trading in their LTM for M?
I'm interested in regrets. Who still has or otherwise prefers screw mount?
2. Who's the fattest> I'm 250 and am starting to feel like a miniature
Jabba the Hut. If anyone is fatter I'd love hearing from you. I'm a
little new to it. Trouble with fanny packs? Leica exercises or Diets?
3. The all time greatest Leica M lens is:
4. Favorite black and white printing paper.
5. Favorite inkjet printing paper.
6. Alternate developers anyone: Amidol, Glycin, Pyro, Cathetoal both for
negs and prints.
I guess we should not put overdue emphasis on darkroom but if we are
into Canadian football and bmw's what the hell?
7. Resin. You build your darkroom sink with it.  You (Not me) stick it
in front of your lens for special effects. You add graphite to make golf
clubs with it. I'm into building stuff often for photographic use out of
Cedar and Resin. This marine systems stuff has graphite, aluminum and
all kinds of additives for all kind of uses I know nothing about. I
built racks for my reels and trays. I want to build large trays for roll
paper. It's like boat building except your keeping the water in instead
of out. A resin coated penny for your thoughts, maybe privately.
8.Does Leica need to compete with the Contax G2 autofocus automatic rangefinder?
9.Viso. I've heard little or nothing on it in the 3 Months I've been
around. I saw a few in Denver at the LHSA thing. They seem really neat:
Man from U.N.C.L.E.. Functional. I'm getting one. Any Advise?
10. Has being a Leicaphile changed you as a person (OK I'm getting
desperate, give me more time and I'll put down some other good ones,
wanted an even ten)?
Answering all ten questions at once on the same post might not be a good idea.
11. I would be a photographic success if I:
Had an apature monograph made of my work...
Had a show in...gallery.
could sell my prints for $...
had a day rate of....$
Had...calling me on the phone asking me which....to use.
Mark :-) Rabiner