Subject: Re: [Leica] The chip on Creek Johnson's shoulder
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 17:47:31 -0800

Walter S Delesandri wrote:

> I was thinking the exact same thing...the internet has been
> the only true venue for reasonably free speech (other than
> the public street corner >IF< you don't have an employer).

snip
I was also thimking the same thing and I went over several lug lists
doing a find on all of Creeks blurbs trying to find what he said that
was so terrible. It could have the a guy kissing us off and Creek and a
few of us saying good riddance.
Which is more rude the kissoff or the good riddance? I vote for the
kissoff.
When I am at a social gathering (party) and its time for me to leave I
do so quickly and quietly whispering a goodbye in the hosts ear. Did I
read that in an ettequite book or is that for me: common sense good
manners?
The fact that some of us have a hard edge or even Red Neck edge in our
opinions doesn't bother me at all. I find it a relief after a day in my
yuppie espresso politically correct non specific world.
The "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all concept"
works great in second grade. In the real world people have attitudes and
personalities they don't hang up in the cloak room. I'm glad for that.
I have little tolerance for rudeness, but some people deserve some
slack. They are intensely dedicated artists, craftspeople, intellects,
curmudgeons who don't like their life's work thrown back into their face
because of some stupid article in a magazine.
This is not the suburbs, this is the city; the big bad world.
Skim through it, hit that delete button (rig up one with Quickeys) or
get out of the Kitchen.
Mark Rabiner