Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Fungus!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 18:32:55 -0500

First, Don't panic. If fungus attacks your lens it will be because you left
it for several years in a place with excess humidity. I won't grow over
night! If you got condensation, rain drops (tears?) on the lens barrel, wipe
them off. IF you think there may be condensation inside, set the lens in a
warm spot. I set mine on the DSS receiver, or VCR vent and it is warm enough
to get rid of condensation, but not warm enough that it'll harm the lens.
I have shot Hassys in misting rain, and it never affected them at all!
Dan