Subject: [Leica] Re: Tom's Soft Release
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 99 06:26:59 +1100

drbledsoe <drbledsoe@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I bought a cople of Tom Abrahamsson's Soft Release accessories.  One
>for my M6HM and one for my R3.  When I use them they seem to make the
>shutter release stiffer or more difficult than without them in place.
>Is this possible or is it just my imagination?

I use the Soft Release on a R6.2 - works fine, no stiffness
or any other effects.

Don't really need it when holding the camera horizontally,
but for portrait format shots it is a godsend.  No more
hunting around for the shutter button and you can now use
your thumb to trip the shutter.

What had me concerned when I ordered it was that it could
cover up the speeds on the R's shutter dial.  But luckily
it doesn't - so would definitely recommend 'softies' to
the R crowd (despite the www.rapidwinder.com site only
displaying them on Ms!).

Rgds,

Andrew Nemeth