Subject: RE: [Leica] Wide-angles: Heliar & Skopar
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 17:34:34 -0000

Peter,
Ken Iisaka posted this 3 days ago:

"I have been using the 15mm lens for over a month, shooting 5 or 6 rolls so
far.
Its finish, as I posted previously on LUG, is pretty good, and so is its
performance.  Surely, it is not as contrasty and flare resistant as the G
Hologon; however, it is a great introduction to the super-wide world at only
about $600 USD."

http://www.cosina.co.jp/bessa/1.html
is the web site address for the 'horses mouth' details but even 'camera
guild' doesn't list reaction to the qualities of the lens yet.
I would think it's more likely that the lens names are used in homage and as
selling points rather than as generic design starting points.

Jem