Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica on motorcycle
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 06:50:02 -700

On 5 Mar 99, Nathan Wajsman wrote, at least in part:

> I am thinking of putting the stuff in my Billingham Alice bag, wrapped in
> a jacket or some other piece of clothing, and carried in my Givi topcase
> or side case. Are there any other precautions I should take? I would
> appreciate hearing from other LUGger-bikers.

My intuition says that, wrapped as you propose, your gear will not
suffer from the "buzzies". I think they would be well damped by
you planned wraps.

As an old BMW driver, I had to contend with its thumps! Wasn't
shooting Leica then, but the Canon EOS 1n didn't seem to suffer,
though it *is* an entirely different system with no RF to worry
about; just electronics.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

     Blessed are those who can give without remembering
     and take without forgetting.
               -- Melvin Schleeds