Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Tele-Elmarit first and second
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 22:09:23 -0600

At 01:40 PM 3/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
>and for those who can afford it, the 75 1.4 is probably the way to go
>to get speed and short tele...but...I don't find that when using B&W I have
>any real image quality problems with it...Does focusing take skill and
>practice? Absolutely.

Yes, it can be a handful to focus. I photographed a memorial service this
morning for the principle of a middle school (grades 6-8) and it was in a
very dim gym. Got a wonderful picture at f/1.7 beautiful bokeh. Beautiful
light. What a lens!

I think I've finally gotten used to the viewfinder, too! It's a great lens
for available light. I've been using it a lot wide open and at f/1.7 and
f/2 and it has yet to fail me, or be too difficult to focus.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

All generalizations are false.