Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Tele-Elmarit first and second -Reply
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:08:46 -0800

- -----Original Message-----
From: Gareth Jolly <gareth.jolly@minters.com.au>
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>

>One thing I'm finding a little difficult to get used to (having used SLRs
until
>I bought my M6) is the small size of the 90mm frames.  I should say that I
>have an M6 HTM.

Gareth,

Practice...practice...practice....practice

I don't wish to sound flippant or arrogant, but actually just the opposite.
As you just stated, you have used SLR's until just recently. In going to an
RF like the M-6, regardless of what viewfinder you might have, you will find
yourself going through a tremendous change in how you view your subjects and
this change will not come about without some degree of pain and missed
opportunities.

Some of us have been using rangefinders for so long that we forget how
frustrating it can be when first approached, but I would urge you to hang in
there and re-read my first line on a daily basis.

They do make a brightline finder for the 90 mm but after awhile you will
find it superfluous to most of your needs. You will still find a time when
the SLR makes more sense - and that's OK - just don't  go blabbing it around
the neighborhood.

If you  take the time to practice, and to learn from that practice, you will
be rewarded with a delightful new (old for some of us) way of seeing the
world about you.

Good luck, and you have come to the right spot on the Web with your
concerns. We do keep things in family pretty much, so come to us with your
problems as the rest of the world just doesn't understand.

The rewards will be worth it!

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA