Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Color Film and my resurrected Leica addiction
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 23:36:51 EST

Hi Jim,

This used to be the case with older lab eqpt.  Newer machines, such as my
Noritsu 2301, which we installed in August is set up for VPS on one of its
channels.  We handle a fair bit of pro processing and I've been at it for 16
years, so I know the pitfalls of VPS.  IMHO, good riddance!  Film technology
has advanced a bit in the past 12 years.  VPS had its place at one time, but
it ain't no Kodachrome.
If you want to see what a good minilab is capable of, see the cover of the
next LHSA Viewfinder.  If the final cover looks anything like my original
print, it'll be a knockout!  Won't spoil the surprise, but the subject matter
is from my collection, photographed by Tom A., and processed and printed by
yours truly.  Can hardly wait to see it!

Bill Rosauer