Subject: Re: [Leica] great photographers
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 19:24:30 -0600

At 03:30 PM 3/2/99 -0800, you wrote:
>.I have not seen anything in the magazine from
>Bill Allard since he went back on staff some time ago. Does anyone know what
>they have him doing and where it can be seen.

I'll see if I can find out though my contacts. He's about my favorite
photograph working today. For one reason, because he uses color
exclusively, and bristles when people say black and white is the only real
way to shoot. :-)

FYI, when he shot his essay on Sicily, he did it, I am told, with only an
M6 and 35 Summilux ASPH.

And I also suspect Geographic gives him more leeway time-wise than they
would some of the newer photographers. Especially since he's on staff. They
don't have to pay him a day rate.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.