Subject: RE: [Leica] [ OFF TOPIC ] Bitching against Kodak
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 08:36:06 -0800

Eric,

While I am not a bean counter, companies do have to be profitable, so they
are a necessary evil.  I think Kodak suffered from diminishing market share
in their core products. If not for the efforts of George Fisher they would
be half the size they are.  Although I am sure the employees at Kodak may
refer to him as a hatchet man, it was necessary as Fuji and others were
killing them.
As good as Kodachrome may be, it is a small percentage of a few percent of
the film buyers.  Print film accounts for somewhere around 90-95% of film
sales.  So the K-14 MiniLabs were an attempt to improve the K-14 process and
keep it alive.  Only time will tell if its successful.

Peter K