Subject: [Leica] off-topic Motors
From: "4season" <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 22:26:30 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
>The moterdrive on my Hasselblad ELM is the most excruciating.
>Not only loud but long.
>At its best it sounds like a screech for help.
>Mark Rabiner

You should hear the 2000FCW, which in addition, adds the whip-crack sound of
the huge metal shutter! But we should all have such problems, hmm? Ever
notice how "Oh woe is me" - type comments never elicit much sympathy when
you've got a Hasselblad in your hands?

Oh, regarding noisy Nikon motors, I dunno about the MD1 and 2, but the MD-3
gets noisy because a plastic pinion gear splits. Nikon USA no longer
supplies the part, but I have no doubts that someone armed with a Sherline
milling machine with gear-cutting accessories could produce new ones out of
brass or whatever. But while I appreciate how well this older Nikon gear is
made, I much prefer *using* the F4.

Jeff Segawa