Subject: Re: [Leica] celebs and great photography
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 19:19:59 -0800

Donal Philby wrote:

> Mark Rabiner wrote:
snip
> I saw a presentation by David Hume Kennerly last week.  Some really nice
> pix, but as usual in these things I keep asking, would this stand alone
> as a great photo if the people weren't famous??  You know the answer to
> that.
snip
 I saw a presentation by David Hume Kennerly 2 years ago here in
Portland OR. I was predispositioned not to like him. His book was called
"Shooter" or close. I wasn't so sure. He won me over 100%. Memories of
guys with tanks; no celebrities....much. Did he sometimes use a 21 on a
Leica? Maybe not. I'm not holding his Nikons against him.
Mark Rabiner