Subject: Re: [Leica] Tele-Elmarit first and second
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 13:45:11 -0800

Lucian wrote:
snip
> The Elmarit win against the Tele-Elmarit (1974) (even if I prefer
> to use the T-E because of its size and because mine don't
> seem
> to be prone to flare).
snip

I'm looking at page 159 of The Leica Collectors Guide by Laney and they
are showing both the first and second versions of the Tele-Elmarit 90
five and four elements respectively.
We've been going off and on, hot and cold, love and hate on this lens
for the 3 or 4 months I have been here. Both had a filter size of 39 but
the thin second lens as 220g and the first made till '74 was 325g. I'm
willing to bet the lovers had the five element and the haters like
myself had the four element.
I'm sure the people at Leitz who scaled down that lens that unreasonably
far will all come back in another life as small unhappy rodents.
For me it was a glitch in the Leica smiley faced pie in the sky along
with the titanium paint.
We should clarify which version of the lenes we are talking about.
Mark Rabiner