Subject: Re: [Leica] MD-12
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 13:29:24 -0800

Walter S Delesandri wrote:

> I find it amusing that the photographic community insists on
> referring to the FM, FM2, etc. as "professional" equipment...
snip
> You Leica types will understand, even the "feel" of the FM-2etc
> didn't inspire confidence....Nikon announced the FM as a nikkormat
> replacement during the production of the F2....only after the
> demise of the F2 was it billed as a "pro mechanical body" --
> which it CLEARLY wasn't/isn't......

snip
Thought the FM was Nikons answer to the revolutionary OM-1 which
significaly lightened the load on the foundations of camera stores and
photographers necks everywhere. The SLR world had not been the same
since untill the Nikons F4/5 and Leica R8. But the R8 is not as heavy as
it is big. It's time to scale down agian.
Mark Rabiner