Subject: [Leica] Leica v Olympus
From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 09:09:32 -0500

Hi all,
I have had an Olympus OM1 for 22 years and an OM4Ti for about 10. Never had
any problems, much smoother than my R6.2, and the aperture ring at the
right end of the lens:-)
The top and bottom plates are solid Titanium not a coating like the M6. If
there is any wear it is in the paint.
I find my OM kit quite Leica like in feel and reliability. I use 5 camera
systems. I prefer them in this order for feel etc.
Leica M, Olympus OM, Mamiya 7, Leica R, Canon EOS.
No comment about relative performance, just usability. I use the M6 and M5
85% of the time.
Cheers Frank