From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 16:42:08 -0500

Alright. I'm unsubscribing later tonight (approx. midnight US EST)
since I'm heading for Venice for the week. I'm planning to bring an M2,
an M3 and an M6 along with 21mm elmarit, 35 Summicron, 50 Summilux and
90 Tele-Elmarit. I'll also be bringing a Holga loaded with Verichrome
Pan. I plan to shoot primarily TMax 400, TMax 3200 at 1600 and
Kodachrome 64, hence the need for all three bodies. I will be packing
some E200S just in case.

This is just a getaway trip solely to photograph. My assistant will be
bringing his 8x10 and 3 boxes of black & white film. The rationale for
the trip is that we've been doing everyone else's work for the past year
so it's time to do some work for ourselves. That way we can continue to
enjoy photography rather than it becoming a job. Neither my wife nor his
girlfriend will be along to distract us.

I hope to eventually post some of this work to my website. You'll know
which were shot with the Leicas and which with the Holga.:-) I will
touch base when I get back. I have set up an email address with Hotmail
so that if I get to a cybercafé or website I can check mail. That
address is: csocolow@hotmail.com if anyone wants close to realtime
feedback. We'll see how it works. I will maintain my subscription to the
digest so that I can see the calm peaceful return to normalcy and Leica
dialogue while I'm gone.
- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/