Subject: Re:[Leica] In you heart...
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 08:07:09 -0600 (CST)

Relax, Sander.....Many of the LUGgers remember a time when the
USA was the industrial and consumer capitol of the world...NOT
the cultural center, not the "engineering mecca".....but the
biggest PRODUCER and CONSUMER on the planet, with the highest
percentage of folks enjoying the highest average standard of
living on the planet (1955-65?)....

While the rest of the world has been moving away from facism and
centralized "social" engineering, toward democracy and a higher
standard of living, we Americans (yes, USA) have been sitting
on our asses letting our individual freedoms and lack of governmental
intrusion be taken away by zealous political/legislative activity.

Don't worry, soon (hopefully around the time of my demise), the
process will be complete, and you will enjoy a USA without the
ramblings of Matt Drudge, Rush Limbaugh, and me.......It'll
be illegal for these folks to post their opinions (and sometimes
uncomfortable 'facts') on the internet, and you'll only hear
the "proper" news and political information distributed by the
"approved" news agencies....(i.e., talking heads on major
networks)....shouldn't be long......

If my sarcasm/cynicysm doesn't make the cultural barrier,
someone please translate for me....I was raised in a different
America, and only speak English.....they thought it was
all I needed....the damn fools!!!

Regards,
Walt

On