Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica in the future
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 22:34:32 -0600

At 09:00 PM 2/27/99 +0100, you wrote:
>I myself cannot contribute to the Lug anymore since Eric in his Olympic
>wisdom has decreed that testers of lenses have worthless information about
>lenses compared to his own views.

Erwin, I said nothing of the sort and specifically said you are an
exception! That your tests are among the few I trust. C'mon, read more
carefully. I may have to change my opinion. I hope not.

And specifically for my post from which you infer this distortion, I was
mostly defending Ted's right to hold an opinion based on his own experience
when he was being attacked, and I was being told I had... forget that part,
not important. I also expressed my opinion about some testers whose work I
don't trust. Take that chip off the shoulder.

I actually thought the LUG was settling down and getting more friendly
until I upset the apple cart by responding to Jim's post. To the group, I
apologize. To Jim, too. But to you, I cannot because I never said what you
claim I did. This is getting to be a habit. If you don't like my use of the
English language, filter me out.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

C:\BELFRY is where I keep my .BAT files.