Subject: Re: [Leica] In you heart...
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 23:15:41 -0500

Bill Erfurth wrote:

> And to
> throw gasoline on the fire, I hardly consider Matt Drudge the epitome of
> objectivity nor the standard bearer for proper journalism.
> - --
> Carl Socolow<<<
>
> Hi Carl,
>
> Let me see if I have this correct.  First you call upon the group not
> to discuss this issue, and then you add fuel to the fire?  I have
> trouble understanding that.
>
> Also, I was wondering, if you don't like Matt Drudge, who do you
> prefer to believe...
>
> Bill Clinton, who assured the nation on national television that 'he
> did not have sex with that woman'?
>
> Or, those 'paragon's of journalistic objectivity' at NBC News who
> tried to kill the Broaddrick Rape Story by sitting on it?
>
> Come-on Carl, open your mind...you have been reading the New York Time
> too long.
>
> Regards,
> Bill

Bill,

Since this is one of our periodic meltdowns leading up to the full moon
let me say you're right regarding my throwing fuel on the fire. I
shouldn't have and I should have let it die right there. I was wrong.
It's part of my ironically inconsistent nature.

Second: I do not get my news from any television source. It's too
tainted with celebrities and soundbites.

Third: I condone no actions of the president in regards his personal
behavior or hypocrisy.

Fourth: I read the NY Times among many other sources of information
including the Wall Street Journal. I listen to radio, both conservative
and liberal. I read magazines, the local paper. I listen to academics of
many political persuasions. I consider myself reasonably well-informed
on a number of topics. I am not going to validate Matt Drudge as my sole
source of enlightenment and information: Even a broken clock is correct
twice a day.

Cordially,

Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/