Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Re: olympus vs leica
From: Harrison McClary <mcclary@iname.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 21:01:07 -0600

Saturday, February 27, 1999, Walter wrote:
> I was around in l978-79....Olympus had just pawned off bunches
> of their "lightweights" on the UPI "boys"----I used to string
> for them, and knew some of the Houston crowd.....

First tell Bruno hi for me.

Second...I  have a friend in Atlanta who has an olympus 50 mounted on a
plaque  on  his wall....the lens was fried when a space shuttle vented
some  LOX  before lift-off....it was on a remote camera.  I forget the
exact   circumstances,  but  the  lens is really neat looking...really
neat  etching  on  it.  It was a UPI lens and the guys who covered the
launch got the plaque made for the photog who owned the lens.

Best regards,
 Harrison                          mailto:mcclary@iname.com
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com