Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: olympus vs leica
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 19:25:27 -0700

Walt wrote:
[cut]
Now, I know there's someone out there waiting for me, who's gonna
claim to have shot 10 rolls a day in rain/dust/mud storms, with
the same OM-1 that saved him from a stray bullet in '73....you
know the story.....bring it on...

Walt
Dear Walt,
I don't know about the working conditions, but I do know that my friend
George Brick bought and used OM's with his own money when he could have
gotten another brand for free. He was a news service staffer at the time. He
was still using some of them when I last saw him in 1990 as a free lancer. I
don't use my camera's that hard, but apart from dead X-synch's I've had no
problems.