Subject: [Leica] <no subject>
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 09:56:18 -0500

- --MS_Mac_OE_3002954178_91466_MIME_Part

I think this Olympus-Leica thread really has no where to go. There are MANY
brands
of SLR's and as many people who choose differently, for lots of reasons.
However, in response to Dave's post on V7 #37:

    . . Still, I don't think Olympus has anything which compares to the
likes of the
70-180/2.8 APO or the a80/2.8 APO from Leica. Not does Olympus, or any other
manufacturer , make lenses that are across the board as durable as Leica
lenses. . . .

And Leica does not have the magnificent 24mm shift, the 50/2.0 macro, the
250/2.0  etc., etc.??
As for durability. . .I have been using (really using) OM lenses for at
least 25 years
and none have ever failed.  In fact, In fact, I have never had ANY lens
fail. . .and I've
been through many different brands in the search for the holy grail of 35mm
equipment: the lens/camera that will magically produce an Ansel Adams
quality,
contact-printable 8 X 10 negative. (joke).

sam

- --MS_Mac_OE_3002954178_91466_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>&lt;no subject&gt;</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
I think this Olympus-Leica thread really has no where to go. There are MANY=
 brands<BR>
of SLR's and as many people who choose differently, for lots of reasons.<BR=

However, in response to Dave's post on V7 #37:<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;. . Still, I don't think Olympus has anything which=
 compares to the likes of the<BR>
70-180/2.8 APO or the a80/2.8 APO from Leica. Not does Olympus, or any othe=
r<BR>
manufacturer , make lenses that are across the board as durable as Leica le=
nses. . . .<BR>
<BR>
And Leica does not have the magnificent 24mm shift, the 50/2.0 macro, the <=

250/2.0 &nbsp;etc., etc.??<BR>
As for durability. . .I have been using (really using) OM lenses for at lea=
st 25 years<BR>
and none have ever failed. &nbsp;In fact, In fact, I have never had ANY len=
s fail. . .and I've<BR>
been through many different brands in the search for the holy grail of 35mm=
<BR>
equipment: the lens/camera that will magically produce an Ansel Adams quali=
ty,<BR>
contact-printable 8 X 10 negative. (joke).<BR>
<BR>
sam<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
<TT>&nbsp;</TT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

- --MS_Mac_OE_3002954178_91466_MIME_Part--