Subject: Re: [Leica] Ideas for cap-keeping?
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 09:08:06 +0100

Ted,

There might be good reasons to keep the cap on the lens, no ? I'm
thinking of blasting sunshine, and I'm thinking of drizzle.

Sunshine is not a friend to the M, especially if you carry it on you, on
the chest, ready to shoot (I do not always feel safe to have it dangling
from the shoulder, with lens facing body, as you have recommended, as it
would easily be ripped of by a cyclist or motorcyclist wishing to become
a Lugger without the overtime work).

Drizzle is not dangerous of course, except it is not always easy to wipe
droplets of the lens when an photo opportunity shows....

I often found myself in those situations. And have lost 3 (THREE) of the
blasting rubber thingies that clumsily fit on top of the sun shades of
the current 21 asph and 35mm summicron-asph. They fall, they are
perfectly silent when they hit the ground (as M accessories should
be...), they cost a fortune and are never available in the shops. I
would like a trick to keep them attached in those circumstances....

Alan