Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Eric-loading an M6
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 19:18:01 -0800

Sandy wrote:  Other Sandy that is :)

<<<>Wellllllll, I'd probably be a WHOLE lot more relaxed about this whole
process if I hadn't read somewhere, in one of my Leica books,>>>>>

Hi Sandy,
And there in lies the problem!!! :) You read a book probaly written by a
Leica related person who wasn't a "real time user!"  But a writer!:)

The users are the cool guys, never mind the writers.:)

Drag out the leader in the direction of the take-up spool, drop that roll
into place with the film leader inside the three prongs, put the base plate
on, or in your case Tom A's Rapidwinder, lock inplace, lift re-wind lever
and turn as though re-winding until you feel tension. Stop. Then shoot &
advance and shoot a couple of frames while watching the rewind knob turn
round and round!

Then you're ready to rock and roll!  Or if you like, "shoot and advance!"

Try not to think about it.....in photography the more you think about what
you are supposed to do, the more times you'll screw-up.:) This is a feeling
thing.:)

it's like they say, "JUST DO IT!"

it works,
ted