Subject: Re: [Leica] The perception of photographic quality
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 19:51:57 -0700

I hope you are correct, Mark. But if the "nose" of these "American people"
is so good, why do they go about exposing them to so much noisome druck?
Instincts? Maybe, but instincts can be perverted or blunted to some degree
by over-exposure to meaningless drivel.
Glad you are keeping the faith.
Joe Stephenson
+++++++++++++
Mark Wrote:
But in these cases Amercian people are being lied to on their own terms.
No rules are being broken. They know they are being lied to. There is an
understanding. They are not interested in the pure truth but they draw
the line.
Its called I think Propaganda.
Tell them what they want to hear.
What I really believe in is the INSTINCTS of the American people. Their
NOSE.
I think their instincts are good. Doggone it!
You can Bull***t them, but they decide which exact shade of brown.
Mark Rabiner New lens name: Americron