Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 CLA
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 18:21:04 EST

Dick:

I suggest that you discuss this with Dan Post (dwpost@email.msn.com).  He has
used several services and speaks favorably.  I think he can give you some good
advice.  I will forward this message to him as well.

Bob Bedwell

<< I need some advice. I've just received (through my local dealer) an
 estimate of $370.55 from Leica US for CLA on my M3. The included items, as
 typed on the estimate, are: "Repair shutter mechanism, cleaning and
 adjusting of all camera components to include: syncronization,
 rangefinder/viewfinder, brake, rewind, advance mechanism and meter..." I do
 not know where they found a METER on an M3!!!

 My main reason for sending it in was that the split image was not
 converging horizontally at infinity, and its focus did not match that of my
 relatively new M6 at shorter distances.

 Is this realistic? ///Dick Baznik >>