Subject: [Leica] Advice Needed...2nd M6 Body
From: Alex Brattell <alex@zetetic.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 20:47:43 +0000

>From: sandyquandt@centuryinter.net

>I've been driving myself *crazy* trying to make a decision, so I've decided to
>solicit some assistance and advice from those more experienced than I... I'd
>like to get another M6 body (that part of the decision was easy), but I don't
>know whether to try to find a M6 HM, another Classic M6 or the TTL versions of
>either one.

Hi Sandy

A second body is just another film holder (with a built in shutter and meter
in this case) for when you need to work with different films simultaneously
(fast & slow, col & BW) or you must have film available at all times with no
reloading stoppages.

If neither of these are necessary then get a different camera (HM, M3 or
whatever) and enjoy some variety.

For me the purpose of a second body is that it is indistinguishable from the
first one except for knowing what film is in it and how much is left. The
purpose of the camera is to hold film and be invisible, any operational
difference between bodies is, in my own experience, an annoying diversion.

So I would (and did) get another pre-TTL humble not commemorating anything
low mag M6, then began to come up with all sorts of reasons why I need three!

Alex