Subject: Re: [Leica] Advice Needed...2nd M6 Body
From: Deniz Saylan <Photojournalist@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:01:15 +0100

Hi Sandy,

the thing what David writes is correct, but Leica also forces the
photographer to improvise somehow, especially the more you use that
camera system professionally.
When I started with Leica, I had the M3 and the M4-P with a 50mm and a
35mm, later a M5. Then I got the new 35 mm which I couldnīt use on my M3
because of its rangefinder. Finally I bought my first M6, traged the M5
for it and later I decided to trade the M4-P for a second M6. As soon as
you start to take the two bodies to work with different film youīll get
a problem when you donīt have the same. That was my experience. I.E.
when I still had my M5, I couldnīt use it with the 21mm. The day I
decided to take slides and some b/w, two, I had the problem not to have
the possibility to use all my lenses with all my bodies.
If you donīt use two different films, it doesnīt matter. If you doenīt
use 28 or 24mm lenses, it doesnīt matter if you take a classic M6 or a
HM. If you use more the 35mm up to 90 or 135 mm you will better go with
the HM, but in my opinion it is always better to have two equivalent
bodies. It does just the work a little bit less complicated.

Cheers,
- --

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Deniz Saylan