Subject: [Leica] The perception of photographic quality
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:21:32 -0800

Jim,

Photography is much like the art world.  There are pieces that people know
are trash but sell for lotsa $$$.  Frankly, I like cerain artists like
Caravaggio, Rembrandt, et al but dislike much works of the works of Picasso,
Chagall, etc. although I do own a Dali (actually bought it as an investment
when my son was born with the intent of selling it when he was ready for
college).  It is as you say in the eye of the beholder, but still even what
one considers awful another pays a fortune for.

Peter K