Subject: Re: [Leica] Definition of a Professional
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:07:40 -0800

Ted Grant wrote:
snip
> You can do the greatest work in the world, but you're only respected for
> the results of the last set of exposures.  Screw-up and you're a bum over
> night!
> ted
snip

I did a really lousy picture of the First Lady of the United States for
Mademoiselle Magazine. A lot of people didn't see it but a whole lot of
people heard about it. (From me)
It had a ring to it that just didn't come across in the print.
It didn't appear in my portfolio. How many jobs do? For me one in Fifty maybe.
In my own mind I'm only as good as my last shot. But what they see is my
book and what are the chances of the shot I do for them ending up in my book?
It's unfair. I've run through some of these issues with some of my clients.
Mark Rabiner