Subject: [Leica] B.D, Definition of a Professional, End of Discussion, Thanks
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:09:38 EST

B.D.

Thank you for your input.  It takes time to earn these stripes,doesn't it?  I
am sure you have to take the bad with the good in the process.    I think that
I have sucked all the knowledge out of this thread that I can.  Everyone has
been patient with my questions.  Unfortunately, the true professional
photographer does not have a way, except through many years of hard work, to
be properly recognized and that is not all bad is it?

Thanks again,

Bob Bedwell
End-of-Thread

<< Here I'd suggest that what makes people stand out is what they do, not what
 they say or place after their names. If you do top work, you'll become known
 for doing top work. If you become known for doing top work, work that stands
 out from that of other photographers shooting the same kinds of subjects,
 you'll become known as a "top" professional. I realize that that sounds more
 than a bit banal, but I believe it really is the truth. Most letters.
 titles, are meaningless, because anyone who pays the required fee can get
 them. Yes, there are groups who certainly help their members, be that help
 in the form of cut-rate insurance, increased bargaining power, etc. But when
 it comes down to it, it's the work that separates the sheep from the goats -
 to coin a phrase. >>