Subject: [Leica] American Society for Media Photographers
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:15:07 EST

Tina Manly referred me to the ASMP.  For those that are interested their
website address is http://www.ASMP.org.

ASMP states that three purposes are:

1.	Protect and promote the interests of photographers whose work is for
publication

2.	Promote high professional standards and ethics

3.	Cultivate friendship and mutual understanding between photographers

These purposes don't seem to be very high?

I didn't look through the entire website but I plan to.   At a glance I didn't
see anything about credentialing but it may be there.  I am quite familiar
with this type of trade organization and their function is often slanted
towards politics and social events for a small percentage of their membership.
I hope that this does not apply to ASMP.

Bob Bedwell