Subject: Re: [Leica] Definition of a Professional
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:39:51 EST

Buzz:

I don't think so either.    There are ranks or levels in almost every
profession, i.e, military, medical, education, government, etc.    It should
be insulting,confusing and not fair to professionals like Ted, and the many
others that are members of this group,  for someone to wake up tomorrow and
say, "Jeez, I think I will be a professional photographer."    How do you
separate and give recognition to the different levels of photographers?

Perhaps I could help Ted market his underwear when he decides to retire.  God
knows what title I could put on myself then!

<< Think photography has a problem defining amateurism and professionalism?
 How about them Olympics?  The lines are very fuzzy.  When Ted retires and
 lives off of his investments, the kindness of strangers, and the resale
 value of his equipment, does he cease to be a professional?  I for one think
 not.

 	Buzz Hausner >>