Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica in film
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:39:00 -0800

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Hi Olaf,
>
> The opinions on the usefulness of 135mm lenses on an M6 are divided, and I think
> the only way to decide is to try--not in a camera shop, but in real
> picture-taking situations over some period of time.. Now, the new Apo Telyt is
> superb but not cheap. Instead, I suggest that you find a 4.5/135mm Hektor. This
> lens is commonly available at prices around $200, so you are not taking any big
> financial risk, and you will be able to really decide whether this focal length
> is for you. I bought one last year, liked it and decided that I do like the long
> lens. The Hektor is one the best bargains in the Leica world.
>
> Nathan
>
> OLAF WILLOUGHBY wrote:
>
> > A question for fellow LUGGERS. My gear is M6 (not HM), 35mm and 90mm
> > Summicrons. I am thinking of hiring or buying a 135mm to help me isolate
snip

I got my  new Apo Telyt 135 this week and went the same route having
played around with a 4.5/135mm Hektor for a year a few years back. Its
results were shall we say "Atmospheric" but fun none the less.
This issue for me was the translation of those small frame lines to
contact sheet and then print: smooth.
This new lens of the highest quality and will be used often by me. And
also a great money making tool for headshots if one might relate.
Mark Rabiner