Subject: Re: [Leica] M2s questions
From: Peter Goldberg <peterg@martinhamblin.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 09:36:23 -0500

thibault collin wrote:

> To every M2 lover/owner...
>
> Which one are your favorite M2s?
> With or whithout self timer?
> Button or lever rewind?
> Are there any quality differences between the various M2 serial numbers like
> it is the case for the M3?
> TIA.
>
> PS Thanks again to Tom A. who definitely knows a lot!
>
> Thib.

Please sir, I have 2 - one early (button) & one late(lever);  I love them dearly
& equally.  If there are truly differences in construction - leading to "feel" -
then these will mirror the M3, because, of course, the numbers are a continous
sequence.  Below the top plate 2's & 3's are the same, no?  MrA will no doubt
confirm or instruct on this.