Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Hassleblad Xpan
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 07:00:23 EST

Mark:

This is my attempt at humor so please take it that way.

This sorta reminds me of a girl that was my neighbor when I was a child.  We
used to play the game, "I'll show you mine if you will show me yours."  Of
course hers always looked more interesting than mine.  Even back then her
Fuji, if I recall, was definitely flatter than my Leica(perhaps I am
exaggerating, a Minox is more like it).

Have fun Mark,

Bob Bedwell

<< Tom:
 Thirty minutes ago I just got home from a cup or two of espresso with a
 Local Portland Photographer who has done many Nordstrom catalogs and had
 just seen some large prints on a photographers wall. Some of these
 prints were done with a 35 1.4 ASPH others done with the x pan. He said
 although the Leica is of a smaller format the prints had much more body
 and 3d feel (my reinterp of his words). The Leica images making the Fugi
 look flat in comparison. Not a big surprise.
 I pulled out my new 135 to show to him, he showed my his M6 Wetzler with
 interesting black leather case and 50 sumicron. We had two Leicas on the
table.
 Nobody thought the Fuji optics were going to match Leica. But apparently
 they are respectable enough.
 Mark Rabiner