Subject: RE: [Leica] long lens tests
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 14:43:38 -0800

Robert,

Thank you for taking the time you did to explain your comment and show me
the photos.  Your skis shots are good.  Judging by the shadows it was late
in the day (I am assuming), and the sidelighting adds to the contrast and
apparent sharpness of the image.  This really makes the lens and images
standout.  I am sure the Leica 400mm F2.8 is a fine lens, I am not doubting
that, I just commented on the fact of what appeared to be a comparison of a
Leica lens with a Canon lens, the latter of which may not have been actually
used, therefore the comparison was moot.

BTW, Personally I like Agfa RSX films, whites are white not gray as with
Velvia.  The new RXS II is even better.

Peter K

Peter K