Subject: Re: [Leica] <no subject>now Titanic movie, graves in Halifax
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 16:56:16 -0400

Mark:

Yes the North Atlantic can be that calm.  I don't know about the North Sea
though.  We will have to get an opinion from Greg Locke who has spent some
time with the offshore projects near Newfoundland.

As for the bodies, I think who ever said they just sunk the third class
bodies rather than take them ashore ought to come to Halifax sometime and
see the many gravestones in the cemetaries of victims of the Titanic.  A
first class passenger would probably have been shipped home rather than
buried here.  The morgue boats sailed out of Halifax to retrieve the bodies.

It been freezing rain all day and I am waiting for my driveway to get a
good coat of ice to see if my M6 will slide down it as quickly as Greg
Locke's did in St John earlier this week.

Regards,

Robert

At 12:34 PM 2/20/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Amilcar de Oliveira wrote:
>>
>>     The romantic scenes on the prow are impossible in a real ship. The
prow is
>> off limits because sometimes a high enough wave gets it underwater. When
the
>> prow is shown from above, you may see a V-shaped wall that is intended to
>> deflect the water away from the rest of the deck. Also, on the route the
Titanic