Subject: RE: [Leica] FS: Leica R7
From: Robert Stevens <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 20:00:39 -0400

But if you want a motor drive, get an R7 ;-).  I had three R7's and sold
them and replaced them with an R8 and an R6 to use with my motor drive.  I
sort of regret replacing my R7 with a R6 because of the better ergonomics
of the R7 over the R6.  I had it in the back of my mind that I would need a
R6 for cold weather shooting in Northern Canada because my remote battery
holder for the drive will allow me to keep the motor drive batteries under
my coat.  With the R4-R6.2, the drive supplies the the power for the meter
when connected.

My R8 is a lovely camera and I do use the flash meter often and the higher
flash sync.  The winder is probabably slover than my thumb.  I can only get
about 1.8 frames per second compared to over 2 frames per second with the
R4 winder and 4 frames per second with the Motor Drive R.  As a result, I
almost never use the R8 for sports.  You don't need the drive speed for
bursts, but to have the camera cocked when you want to fire the second or
third shot of some action.

Regards,

Robert