Subject: [Leica] M6 adjustment: specifics, anyone?
From: "Moore, Andrew" <moorea@andovercontrols.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:47:43 -0500

I'm looking for specific information on adjusting the rangefinder patch
on the M6.  One image is slightly below the other.  I understand that
several clamps and wrenches are needed for removing the top plate, and
that another specialized tool is needed for performing the adjustment.

Can anyone on the LUG provide me with the correct tool sizes, and
where to find this "specialized" adjustment tool?

From what I've seen, these tools can be costly.  If there's enough
demand, maybe we could let them float around the LUG members who need
them, who would pitch in a small rental fee to help cover the costs.
If we can chip in to buy Brian an M6, this doesn't seem too
unreasonable.  But first things first -- does anyone have *specific*
instructions for doing this adjustment?

- --Andrew
no archive