Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Diltilled water
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 17:31:39 -0700

Robert.
Osmosis is the passage of molecules from an area of higher concentration to
an area of lower concentration through a differentially permeable membrane
(I did learn something in HS science class!). I don't think there is a
membrane involved in film, so  the explanation (if it is true that distilled
water causes swelling and softening) must be elsewhere.
Sincerely,
Joe Stephenson